Secure Coding in .NET | ASP.NET | C# | VB.NET Edition Training Course Description
Secure Coding in .NET | ASP.NET | C# | VB.NET Edition Training provides the most comprehensive approach to developing Secure .NET Applications. This Secure Coding in .NET | ASP.NET | C# | VB.NET Edition Training course is designed for ASP.NETand C# developers that require effective, real world, secure programming skills they can implement immediately at the workplace.
This comprehensive 3-day Secure Coding in .NET | ASP.NET | C# | VB.NET Edition Training course is designed to educate professional programmers on the skills necessary to develop and deploy secure applications as a fundamental element of the entire application development process:
Duration: 3 days
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Secure Coding in .NET | ASP.NET | C# | VB.NET Edition Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Secure Coding in .NET | ASP.NET | C# | VB.NET Edition Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Secure Coding in .NET | ASP.NET | C# | VB.NET Edition Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group
• .NET Application Developers
• C# Programmers
• ASP.NET Developers
• Managers, Architects and Technologists involved in deploying .NET applications
Secure Coding in .NET | ASP.NET | C# | VB.NET Edition Training - Objectives:
After completing this Secure Coding in .NET ASP.NET/C#/VB.NET Edition Training course, attendees will be able to:
• The objective of our Secure Coding in .NET course is to encourage you to take security seriously by demonstrating concrete, hands-on examples of vulnerable code.
• You will learn which poor programming practices lead to vulnerable code, how to code securely, and maintain secure development practices throughout the SDLC.
• You will sharpen skills and gain experience in applying secure design and implementation principles through demonstrations of building, testing and securing real-world applications.
• You will be given the opportunity to participate in securing and testing applications through a progression of "challenge scenarios" alternating assignments as "attackers" and "defenders" of applications.
Secure Coding in .NET | ASP.NET | C# | VB.NET Edition Training - Course Content:
Some of the topics you will learn to master during the Secure Coding in .NET:
• General Web Application Security Concepts
• .NET Framework Security Features
• Input Validation & Encoding
• Input Driven Attacks
• Validation Best Practices
• Output Encoding
• Common Authentication Weaknesses
• Authorization Best Practices
• Controlling Application Access
• Password Security
• Session Hijacking & Trapping
• Protecting User Sessions & Tokens
• Canonicalization Problems
• Parameter Manipulation
• Encryption, Confidentiality & Data Protection
• Cookie-Based Attacks
• Protecting Application Variables
• Error Handling & Logging
• Attacking via Error Messages
• Secure Logging & Error Handling
• Server Configuration & Code Management
• Common App Server Misconfigurations
• Protecting Application Code
• XML Web Services
• Overview of WSDL, SOAP & AJAX Security
• Web Service Attacks
• AJAX Pitfalls
• Web Service Best Practices
• Application Threat Modeling
• Application Context
• Identifying Attacks, Vulnerabilities & Countermeasures
• Threat Modeling Tools
• Cache Control Issues
• SSL Best Practices