McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention Administration Training Course Hands-on
The McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention Administration Training course provides attendees with in-depth training on the deployment and management of a Host Intrusion Prevention solution, using McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator software. In addition, McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention Administration Training attendees will learn how this solution uses a series of device protection, tagging, and reaction rules to safeguard sensitive information and improve overall data security.
● If you are familiar with some aspects of this McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention Administration Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
● We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
● If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group
This course is intended for system and network administrators, security personnel, auditors, and/ or consultants concerned with network and system security.
Duration: 4 days
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
■ Understand the benefits and capabilities of a McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention solution.
■ Plan and implement the Host Intrusion Prevention.
■ Use rules, policies, and signatures.
■ Provide zero-day protection for operating system and application vulnerabilities.
■ Reduce the overhead of patch management.
■ Install, configure, and manage the solution, using the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator management console.
• Introduction to McAfee Host
• Intrusion Prevention
• Security Connected and ePolicy
• Orchestrator Overview
• Managing Dashboards and Monitors
• McAfee Agent
• Installing HIPS Server
• Windows Host IPS Client
• Host IPS General Policies
• Intrusion Prevention Policies
• IPS Rules Policies
• Application Protection
• Configuring IPS Exceptions
• Working with IPS Events
• Creating IPS Client Rules
• Custom Signatures
• Automatic Responses and Threat
• Firewall Policies Overview
• Firewall Rule Policies
• Firewall Rule Groups
• Host Intrusion Prevention
• Client Control Utility
• Linux Client
• Solaris Client