Fortinet FortiMail Training Course Description
In this three-day Fortinet FortiMail Training class, you will learn how to use FortiMail to protect your network from existing email-borne threats, as well as use FortiSandbox to detect and block emerging threats.
In interactive labs, you will explore FortiMail's role as a specialized device, and how its features extend beyond FortiGate email filtering to provide both high-performance and in depth security for business-critical communications.
You will analyze email security challenges that administrators of small businesses and carriers face, and learn where and how to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot FortiMail.
Duration: 3 days
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Fortinet FortiMail Filtering Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Fortinet FortiMail Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Fortinet FortiMail Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group
The target audience for this Fortinet FortiMail Training course is defined here:
• Networking and security professionals involved in the administration and support of FortiMail.
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking and network security concepts Experience with Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Public Key Infrastructure, Secure Sockets Layer, Transport Layer Security, Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol is recommended
Fortinet FortiMail Training - Objectives:
After completing this Fortinet FortiMail Training course, attendees will be able to:
• Position FortiMail in an existing or new email infrastructure using any of the flexible deployment modes.
Understand the system architecture of FortiMail: how email flows through its modules; how it applies intelligent routing and policies to email; and how it can protect the priceless reputation of *your message transfer agent (MTA)
• Use your existing LDAP server to manage and authenticate users
• Secure email transmission using best-in-class technologies such as SMTPS, SMTP over TLS, and Identity Based Encryption
• Throttle client connections to block MTA abuse
• Block spam using sophisticated techniques such as deep header inspection, spam outbreak, heuristics, and the FortiGuard Antispam service
• Eliminate spear phishing and zero-day viruses
• Integrate FortiMail with FortiSandbox for advanced threat protection
• Prevent accidental or intentional leaks of confidential and regulated data
• Archive email for compliance
• Deploy high availability (HA) and redundant infrastructure for maximum uptime of mission-critical email
• Diagnose common email and FortiMail-related issues
Fortinet FortiMail Training - Course Content:
This Fortinet FortiMail Training course covers gateway and server mode in depth. This Fortinet FortiMail Training course also covers transparent mode, however, if you require a course on the use of transparent mode in carrier environments, you should order customized training.
• Email Concepts
• Basic Setup
• Access Control and Policies
• Session Management
• Antivirus and Content Inspection
• Securing Communications
• High Availability
• Server Mode
• Transparent Mode
• Maintenance and Troubleshooting