Fortinet FortiGate Security 6.0.0 Course with Hands-on labs
In this three-day Fortinet FortiGate Security Training v6.0.0 course, you will learn how to use basic FortiGate features, including security profiles. In interactive labs, you will explore firewall policies, user authentication, SSL VPN, dial-up IPsec VPN, and how to protect your network using security profiles such as IPS, antivirus, web filtering, application control, and more. These administration fundamentals will provide you with a solid understanding of how to implement basic network security..
Duration: 3 days
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Fortinet FortiGate Security Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Fortinet FortiGate Security Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Fortinet FortiGate Security Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group
• Networking and security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of FortiGate devices used to secure their organizations’ networks.
• Participants should have a thorough understanding of all the topics covered in the FortiGate Security course before attending the FortiGate Infrastructure course.
Fortinet FortiGate Security Training - Prerequisites
• Knowledge of network protocols
• Basic understanding of firewall concepts
Fortinet FortiGate Security Training - Objectives:
After completing this Fortinet FortiGate Security Training course, attendees will be able to:
• Deploy the appropriate operation mode for your network.
• Use the GUI and CLI for administration.
• Identify the characteristics of the Fortinet security fabric.
• Control network access to configured networks using firewall policies.
• Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT.
• Authenticate users using firewall policies.
• Understand encryption functions and certificates.
• Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traffic to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies.
• Configure security profiles to neutralize threats and misuse, including viruses, torrents, and inappropriate websites.
• Apply application control techniques to monitor and control network applications that might use standard or non-standard protocols and ports.
• Fight hacking and denial of service (DoS).
• Defend against data leaks by identifying files with sensitive data, and block them from leaving your private network.
• Offer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network.
• Implement a dialup IPsec VPN tunnel between FortiGate and FortiClient.
• Collect and interpret log entries.
Fortinet FortiGate Security Training - Course Content:
1. Introduction to FortiGate and the Security Fabric
2. Firewall Policies
3. Network Address Translation (NAT)
4. Firewall Authentication
5. Logging and Monitoring
6. Certificate Operations
7. Web Filtering
8. Application Control
10. Intrusion Prevention and Denial of Service
11. SL VPN
12. Dialup IPsec VPN
13. Data Leak Prevention (DLP)