Fortinet FortiAP Training: Wireless LAN Course Description
In this 2-day instructor-led Fortinet FortiAP Training: Wireless LAN classroom training, you will learn how to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot a secure wireless LAN using Fortinet solution: FortiGate, FortiAP, FortiWiFi, FortiCloud, FortiPlanner and FortiPresence. The course explores RF concepts and key standards for wireless LAN, devices configuration, security settings and troubleshooting. In interactive labs, you will enforce your knowledge deploying a secure wireless LAN centrally managed from the FortiGate wireless controller and/or FortiCloud AP network.
• FortiGate 5.2.2, FortiWiFi & FortiAP
Duration: 2 day
Fortinet FortiAP Training: Wireless LAN - Customize It
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Fortinet FortiAP Training: Wireless LAN course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Fortinet FortiAP Training: Wireless LAN course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Fortinet FortiAP Training: Wireless LAN course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group
• Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a Fortinet wireless solution.
Fortinet FortiAP Training: Wireless LAN - Prerequisites
• Familiarity with all topics presented in FortiGate I & II
Fortinet FortiAP Training: Wireless LAN - Objectives:
After completing this Fortinet FortiAP Training: Wireless LAN course, attendees will be able to:
• Explain radio frequency behavior in wireless networks
• Identify key WFA, IEEE, and IETF standards
• Improve wireless coverage using FortiPlanner
• Deploy a full mesh or WLAN with multiple SSIDs
• Configure the wireless controller to deploy a WLAN
• Manage FortiAP networks through FortiCloud
• Offer guest Wi-Fi
• Introduce FortiPresence
• Use FortiAuthenticator and device identification for BYOD
• Thwart hotspot hackers with intra-SSID blocking, UTM, and wireless intrusion detection
• Block rogue APs
• Correctly use MAC filtering
• Understand fast roaming and wireless client load balancing
• Troubleshoot signal loss, slow connections, and authentication issues
This Fortinet FortiAP Training: Wireless LAN course prepares you for the Fortinet Integrated and Cloud Wireless Specialist Exam - FortiOS 5.2.2. This is one of the courses that prepares you to take the NSE 6 certification exam.