Security Essentials Training Bootcamp
"Prevention is Ideal but Detection is a Must." Security Essentials Training Course Hands-on
Security Essentials Training is focused on teaching you the essential information security skills and techniques you need to protect and secure your organization's critical information assets and business systems. Our Security Essentials Training course will show you how to prevent your organization's security problems from being headline news in the Wall Street Journal!
Security Essentials Training Bootcamp - Objectives
After completing this Security Essentials Training course, attendees will be able to:
• Apply what you learned directly to your job when you go back to work
• Design and build a network architecture using VLANs, NAC, and 802.1x based on advanced persistent threat indicators of compromise
• Run Windows command line tools to analyze the system looking for high-risk items
• Run Linux command line tools (ps, ls, netstat, etc.) and basic scripting to automate the running of programs to perform continuous monitoring of various tools
• Install VMWare and create virtual machines to create a virtual lab to test and evaluate tools/security of systems
• Create an effective policy that can be enforced within an organization and design a checklist to validate security and create metrics to tie into training and awareness
• Identify visible weaknesses of a system using various tools and, once vulnerabilities are discovered, cover ways to configure the system to be more secure
• Build a network visibility map that can be used for hardening of a network - validating the attack surface and covering ways to reduce that surface by hardening and patching
• Sniff open protocols like telnet and ftp and determine the content, passwords, and vulnerabilities using WireShark.