CISA Certification Training or Certified Information Systems Auditor Training Course Description
Get ready for the newly updated CISA exam with our top-quality CISA Certification Training or Certified Information Systems Auditor Training preparation course.
In this CISA Certification Training or Certified Information Systems Auditor Training course, you'll cover all five domains of the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) exam and gain the knowledge and technical concepts required to obtain CISA certification. Since its inception in 1978, the CISA exam has become the gold standard of excellence in IS auditing, control, and security. Our experts have created a study guide of relevant, up-to-date information, including summary charts, insightful data, and practice exams. Along with our custom course material, you will receive a free copy of the CISA Review Manual 2013.
This CISA Certification Training or Certified Information Systems Auditor Training course can be a component of our 8570.1 Training Solution that can also include assessments, certification preparation and program management, post training and testing, 8570 compliancy tracking and reporting, and continuing education. Learn more about our 8570 Training Solution by contacting us at 1-888-DOD-8570.
Duration: 4 days
CISA Certification Training - Customize It
• We can adapt this CISA Certification Training or Certified Information Systems Auditor Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this CISA Certification Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the CISA Certification Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the CISA Certification Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group
IS audit, control, assurance, and security professionals, including IT consultants, auditors, managers, security policy writers, privacy officers, information security officers, network administrators, security device administrators, and security engineers, who have five years of experience with audit, IT systems, and security of information systems.
CISA Certification Training - Objectives:
This official CISA Certification Training seminar has a total of seven primary sections. All seven sections will collectively help you prepare for the CISA certification exam while also enhancing your overall competencies in auditing, controlling, monitoring and assessing information technology and business systems. The seven primary sections you will cover are the following:
• General Information Regarding the Exam
• CISA Domain 1: The Process of Auditing Information Systems
• CISA Domain 2: Governance and Management of IT
• CISA Domain 3: Information Systems Acquisition, Development, and Implementation
• CISA Domain 4: Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Service Management
• CISA Domain 5: Protection of Information Assets
• Exam Practice / Preparation (Sample Exam)
Participants in the CISA training program will be provided instruction designed to provide the following:
• An understanding of the format and structure of the CISA certification exam.
• A knowledge of the various topics and technical areas covered by the exam.
• Practice with specific strategies, tips, and techniques for taking and passing the exam.
• Opportunities to execute practice questions with debriefs of answers.
CISA Certification Training - Course Content:
Domain 1: Information Systems Audit Process:
Developing a risk-based IT audit strategy
Planning specific audits
Conducting audits to IS audit standards
Implementation of risk management and control practices
Domain 2: IT Governance and Management:
Effectiveness of IT Governance structure
IT organisational structure and human resources (personnel) management
Organisation’s IT policies, standards, and procedures
Adequacy of the Quality Management System
IT management and monitoring controls
IT resource investment
IT contracting strategies and policies
Management of organisations IT-related risks
Monitoring and assurance practices
Organisation business continuity plan
Domain 3: Information Systems Acquisition, Development, and Implementation:
Business case development for IS acquisition, development, maintenance, and retirement
Project management practices and controls
Conducting reviews of project management practices
Controls for requirements, acquisition, development, and testing phases
Readiness for Information Systems
Project Plan Reviewing
Post Implementation System Reviews
Domain 4: Information Systems Operations, Maintenance, and Support:
Conduct periodic reviews of organisations objectives
Service level management
Third party management practices
Operations and end-user procedures
Process of information systems maintenance
Data administration practices determine the integrity and optimisation of databases
Use of capacity and performance monitoring tools and techniques
Problem and incident management practices
Change, configuration, and release management practices
Adequacy of backup and restore provisions
Organisation’s disaster recovery plan in the event of a disaster
Domain 5: Protection of Information Assets:
Information security policies, standards and procedures
Design, implementing, monitoring of system and logical security controls
Design, implementing, monitoring of data classification processes and procedures
Design, implementing, monitoring of physical access and environmental controls
Processes and procedures to store, retrieve, transport and dispose of information assets