Advanced Computer Forensics Training Course Hands-on
Advanced Computer Forensics Training; Accelerated and taught in five (5) days, this in-depth Advanced Computer Forensics Training course teaches you advanced computer forensics concepts.
This Advanced Computer Forensics Training course is intended for those that have either taken the ENO;s Computer Forensics Boot Camp, or have experience in the computer forensic profession
Duration: 5 days
Advanced Computer Forensics Training - Customize It
• We can adapt this Advanced Computer Forensics Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Advanced Computer Forensics Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Advanced Computer Forensics Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Advanced Computer Forensics Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Advanced Computer Forensics Training - Audience / Target Group
The target audience for this Advanced Computer Forensics Training course is defined here:
• IT professionals involved with information system security, computer forensics, and incident response
Advanced Computer Forensics Training - Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Advanced Computer Forensics Training course are:
• This is a very in depth training course and is not intended for individuals who have limited or no computer forensics skills.
Advanced Computer Forensics Training - Objectives:
Already know how to acquire forensically sound images? Perform file carving? Take your existing forensic knowledge further and sharpen your skills with this Advanced Computer Forensics Training from Enosecurity.
After completing this Advanced Computer Forensics Training course, attendees will be able to:
• Apply advanced computer forensic analysis concepts to live case work
• Respond appropriately to immediate response situations
• Perform Volume Shadow Copy (VSC) analysis
• Advanced level file and data structure analysis for XP, Windows 7 and Server 2008/2012 systems
• Registry analysis for XP and Windows 7/8 systems
• Malware detection and analysis
• Timeline Analysis
• Windows Application Analysis
• Mobile Forensics
Advanced Computer Forensics Training - Course Content:
Module 1: Advanced Analysis Concepts
• Avoiding Speculation
• Direct and Indirect Artifacts
• Least Frequency of Occurrence
Module 2: Immediate Response
• Prepared to Respond
• The Importance of Preparation
• Data Collection
Module 3: VSC Analysis
• Registry Keys
• Live Systems
• Pro Discover
• Acquired lmages
• VHD Method
• VMware Method
• Automating VSC Access
• Pro Discover
Module 4: File Analysis
• File System Tunneling
• Event Logs
• Windows Event Log
• Recycle Bin
• Prefetch Files
• Scheduled Tasks
• Apple Products
• Image Files
Module 5: Registry Analysis
• USB Device Analysis
• System Hive
• Software Hive
• Application Analysis
• Shell bags
Module 6: Malware
• Introduction and Overview
• Malware Characteristics
• Initial Infection Vector
• Propagation Mechanism
• Persistence Mechanism
• Detecting Malware
• Log Analysis
Module 7: Timeline Analysis
• Data Sources
• TLN Format
• File System Meta data
• Event Logs
Module 8: Application Analysis
• Log Files
• Dynamic Analysis
• Network Captures
• Application Memory Analysis
Module 9: Mobile Forensics
• Keyboard caches containing usernames, passwords, search terms, and historical fragments of typed communication.
• Screenshots preserved from the last state of an application
• Deleted images from the suspect’s photo library, camera roll, and browsing cache.
• Deleted address book entries, contacts, calendar events, and other personal data.
• Exhaustive call history
• Map tile images from the iPhone’s Google Maps application,
• Lookups and longitude/latitude coordinates of previous map searches, and coordinates of the last GPS fix.
• Browser cache and deleted browser objects
• Cached and deleted email messages
• SMS messages
• Deleted voicemail recordings